Saturday, September 29, 2012

US Artillery Crew and 105mm Howitzer

The Classic Toy Soldier Company has released several high quality sets in the past year or so. These artillery crew members are from US infantry set #2. The gun is also by CTS. I'm glad set #2 came with an artillery crew, now I don't have to use G.I.s as crew members. I have had this set for quite a while now, but I just got around to painting the crew members. They are some of the first figures I've painted. What do y'all think?
 Here are the crew men in action. I like the guy in the cap, don't have many WWII figures with that head gear.
 Here is another shot of the crew in action. I wanted to get a good picture of the gun's breach.
 Here are the crew members by themselves. From left to right is the gunner, loader, and commander.
Here is the 105mm Howitzer gun pictured by itself. The gun barrel elevates and the trail hitches move.

2 comments:

  1. Nice that you already painted them! I still have not found the cycles to paint mine. Looks like your blog could become an interesting read. I look forward to checking out the battle reports on the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just painted them today. I'm playing the game I created with several people at the local hobby shop pretty soon. I'll have to document it.

      Delete